Sunday, October 12, 2014

Asian Empire Travel Blog: 2 Paragraphs

I have now written four blogs about the Ottoman Empire, the Mughal Empire, the Ming Dynasty, and the Qing Dynasty. In this fifth blog I will be talking about two subjects. One of them is about ruling empires and/or dynasties at a very young age. The other subject will be about rulers changing laws

Paragraph 1: Ruling Empires/Dynasties at a Young Age
As I have read the chapter, something caught my attention. I have noticed that a ruler have started out at a very young age. Prince Babur, who started ruling at age 11, was the king of the city of Ferganda. When I was 11, I was starting 6th grade and still played jump rope and kick the can. And when Babur was 14, he had a victorious army. And on top of that, he led them to the city of Samarqand and took it! When I was 14, I was just learning Algebra 1! That man probably had no childhood and no fun, unless he thought fighting was fun.

Paragraph 2: Rulers Change the Laws
As I read this chapter, I've noticed that almost all of the rulers of empires/dynasties have changed the same rules/laws. I think all of them have reformed tax systems, improved court systems, and expanded land. It seems like a pattern to me. I know all kings, emperors, and sultans want more land for the empire or dynasty, but why did they all change their tax system and court system? I think they changed it because they want to keep their people happy and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment